APA Writing Consultant
Thesis and Dissertation Editing Services
David Henderson has built up a distinguished career as an APA editor and academic writing consultant for dissertations and theses.
After earning his master’s degree in Journalism at Northwestern University, he worked for an academic press and later for a major publishing house. His long track record has given him exposure to a wide range of business communications, scholarly non-fiction works, self-help books, Christian and other religious-themed writing, and theses and dissertations written by native and non-native English speakers.
He has worked with 100+ graduate students at all stages of the thesis and dissertation writing process and in a wide range of academic disciplines, including education, history, literature, medicine, biology, sociology, and business. This experience has also made him a specialist in APA formatting.
David assists scholars by:
- Consulting on topic selection and question development
- Helping to improve organization and flow of ideas
- Reducing wordiness, rewriting content (within ethical limits) to make it clearer and more succinct, and cutting redundant or repetitive text
- Applying the literature review to the scholar’s research
- Clarifying research questions and articulating problem statements
- Devising and explaining a methodology that is suited to the research
- Helping to synthesize the findings and develop the Discussion, Analysis, and Conclusions and Recommendations sections
- Ensuring compliance with APA guidelines, including citations, figure/table formatting, table of contents and headings, reference list, and other style guide requirements
- Conducting general proofreading and copy editing