Statistics Consulting and Data Analysis Services
Professional Statistics Services for Students, Researchers, and Business
Our statistics consultants are experts in a wide range of topics. Our goal is to match you with a statistics consultant who can help you with your data gathering, management, analysis, reporting, and presenting. Specialties include psychometrics, biostatistics, statistical power analysis to estimate your optimal sample size, qualitative and quantitative analysis to arrive at better operational definitions of your study variables and improve procedures to increase the internal and/or external validity of your study, mixed methods studies, research methodology, non-parametric statistics, structural equation modeling, and statistical software tutoring (e.g., SPSS, SAS, STATA, AMOS).
Do you have questions about statistics in general or need a statistics tutor?
Do you want statistics explained to you in simple English using concrete examples?
Do you need to learn what analysis or statistical test will best answer your question?
Do you need help using Statistical Analysis System (SAS), Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), Statistica, and Excel?
Our statistics consultants help clinical and social science researchers develop research questions, design methods, analyze and interpret collected data, prepare tables and graphs, develop oral and written presentations, write and review research grant proposals, and address the comments of reviewers and editors.
Statistics Services for Graduate Students
We will help you formulate your hypotheses, identify your dependent and independent variables, and develop a full data analytic plan to test those hypotheses. We can assist you in designing a survey that answers your research questions and can help create a suitable online survey via Survey Monkey or set up a template to enter data directly into Excel or SPSS. We can run statistical analyses for you, including helping you determine a justifiable sample size utilizing power analysis, and can provide you with APA formatted tables and graphs. We will help you interpret the results of your statistical analyses and can assist you in formulating conclusions based on your findings.
We can also help you with your methods chapter and IRB forms, providing statistical writing oversight, editing, and verifying the accuracy of your technical writing, including the use of italics and proper spacing: t(38) = 3.98, p = .032. We will help you understand and respond to your committee’s comments and questions, and make sure that you feel confident about your results in preparation for your final orals.
Graduate students who work with us find that they are done with their projects sooner, which saves them time, tuition costs, hassle, and sanity. After consulting with us, our clients are better prepared and more confident when they meet with their advisors and committee members, and their committees have them make fewer revisions. Our clients more clearly understand their findings so they are able to write better conclusions and recommendations for future research. Ultimately, they are more confident when presenting their studies at their final oral examinations.
Do you need to set up a research design or better understand how to set up a research design?
Do you need to set up a statistically designed experiment ("experimental design," "DOE") tailored to your question or problem, or to better understand how to set one up?
Do you need help combining qualitative and quantitative research methods, data collection, or data analysis?
Would you like help designing the content or form of a survey or questionnaire (e.g. frame clear questions, web-based surveys)?
Would you like help interpreting your statistical output and formulating conclusions?
Would you like help in preparing tables and graphs for your report?
Do you have data that "behaves strangely?"
Do you need help in setting up databases and data collection schemes?
Would you like help with data handling (e.g. setting up databases and data organization schemes)?
Our quantitative methods and statistical research consultants can help you: calculate sample size, design surveys, run statistical tests, formulate research questions, analyze and present your data, develop your methodology chapter, fine-tune the writing of your research proposal, and prepare you for your thesis or dissertation defense.
Specialized Statistics Services for Researchers
We know that you take your research seriously, and so do we. We understand that your time is valuable and your good reputation is vital to your professional success.
Our statistics consultants' objectives are to help by:
- Developing the research question(s)
- Designing the methods
- Validating surveys
- Entering data
- Analyzing your data using rigorous quantitative techniques
- Interpreting your findings
- Preparing tables and graphs
- Addressing the comments of reviewers and editors
- Solving your problems in an expedient, efficient, and timely manner
Statistical Modelling for the Biosciences, including:
- Statistical and computational modelling of relationships between different variables, if possible with causal interpretation
- Computer simulation of biological processes
- Sample size determination and power analysis
- Time series analysis of climate data (ARIMA modelling)
- Accuracy review of your biological science research proposal
Ecology and Environmental Science:
- Which environmental conditions have an influence on the density of a population, and what does the quantitative relation look like?
- Which variables determine the spatial distribution of organisms?
- Which species can act as environmental indicators in a community?
- Which species are found together, which are not?
- How can habitats be described quantitatively?
- Descriptions and comparisons of ecosystems
Medical, Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Does a treatment show the desired response? Are there side effects?
- How effective or toxic is a chemical compound?
- Can diseases be diagnosed automatically on the basis of suitable measurements?
- What sample size is needed in a study to properly test for an effect?
Agriculture and Forestry
- How can the establishment of a pest species be described numerically?
- What environmental features of forests tend to occur together?
- What are the structural properties of food webs?
- How will pollinators respond to global warming?
Population Genetics and Demography
- What is the effect of frequency-dependent selection on allele frequencies?
- How does the morphology of a taxon change through the fossil record?
- How are different species related?
We collaborate with you throughout the process by phone and by online virtual meetings.